Sunday, February 7, 2010

Veggie Curry Puffs

These are a great way to use up those veggies wilted at the bottom of the crisper.


8 cups of chopped veggies, carrot, peas, corn sweet potato etc
In fry pan, 2 onions
2 cloves garlic cook till soft.
Add 4 tsp curry powder
3 tsp garam masala
1 can coconut milk and half can of water
Add veggies
Add 2 cans chick peas or same of soaked/cooked dried ones.
Cook until veggies are soft and allow to cool.

Cut puff pastry sheets into 4, place a heaped TBS in the centre, pinch corners to centre and pinch seams. Cook 25 mins till golden. This makes 30, left overs! Woohoo!

3 comments:

KC said...

Yum! They sound and look delicious. Will have to add that recipe onto my menu plan.

Anonymous said...

I have copied your recipe too. I still have tins of chickpeas roaming the recesses of my pantry to use up! :-)

I'm sure my eldest daughter will love these. Are they nice cold as well? Did you get a chance to freeze any of them or did they all get gobbled up? :-0

She could probably reheat them at work, but they sog up usually in a micro. I was thinking of freezing them so she could take along for lunch.

Kaye B

Secret Hippie said...

Kaye, I prefer them heated up and I confess to a quick zap in the microwave :o-
A dollop of yoghurt is good too and yes they do get a bit soggy but oh so yummy!

The left overs got eaten very quick, none to freeze. Such a good idea too, just lacking self control. LOL