Saturday, September 25, 2010

Patchwork project

I have an old sleeping bag, I do think it's from the 70's although the colours aren't too bad and I'm going to give it a new lease on life. I've decided to 'patchwork quilt' it and I've borrowed a friends book, "90 minutes quilts" by Meryl Ann Butler. She has this groovy technique that you quilt as you go. I'll add photos as I go.
Here's the old bag elegantly dropped on the floor so you can see both the colours, however the phone has fibbed, it's yellow and blue:

I'm looking forward to choosing the fabrics from my bits and pieces :o)

UPDATE: http://secrethippie.blogspot.com/2011/02/patchwork-progress.html

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Piglet , I'm so looking forward to seeing your finished patchwork covering on the old sleeping bags.
Sherrie :)

Secret Hippie said...

I'm still gathering the fabric :o)
I've been finding shirts and dresses to cut up.
It might be a slow process :o- LOL