Thursday, July 8, 2010

Picnic or emergency snacking!

After many terrific suggestions on Simple Savings about being prepared for picnics and general eating while out. I had a brain wave! I used to keep disposable cutlery in the glove box and they did the trick but not really nicely.
So I picked up a tooth paste and tooth brush holder and loaded it with knife, fork, spoon and teaspoon and a nice cloth serviette. They actually fit! So I'll put one for some of the family, those most likely to be in the car with me and keep it in the boot :o)

Step one to being slightly more organised!


Now can I remember it's there, use it, wash it and return to the car? :o-

2 comments:

Larissa in Country Western Australia said...

What a great idea! I read that thread on Simple Savings too (or the post in one of the threads). I actually printed it and put it on my fridge (someone mentioned olives and pickles and a bottle of wine in a standby picnic set - sounded lovely). I really like your idea as well! I'll have to incorporate both.

(I've been reading your blog on and off over the past months but don't think I've ever commented before.)

Secret Hippie said...

Welcome! It's funny, I'm never sure if I should keep doing the blog so I do appreciate comments :o)

I ready set picnic basket is a brilliant idea. I'm yet to get one ready, my excuse is that it's not warm enough :o)